The Moorea Island.
And other Polynesian islands
The Tahiti-Moorea Marathon
Founded in 1988, the Tahiti-Moorea Marathon is an international running event. Runners come from all around the world, and from all around our islands to compete in a spectacular and unique race on Moorea Island.
It is the most important international sporting event for the island, enjoying growing success made possible with the support of the Municipality of Moorea. On the best years, more than 1,500 participants compete!
Runners come to discover the French-Polynesian destination, and for this unique race with an idyllic arrival at the white sandy beach of Temae.
The Tahiti-Moorea Marathon is unique
- Because of its course, which ranks it among the most beautiful exotic marathons in the world, with breathtaking landscapes
- Because of the festive atmosphere! It’s like a Tahitian party on arrival, around the course, and at the refueling stands
- By highlighting the Polynesian culture with a powerful “Mana” ruling over all the races as well as the solemnity of the opening ceremonies, which are animated by dances and demonstrations of Polynesian oratory art (Orero)
The objectives of the Tahiti-Moorea Marathon:
- Promote Moorea and French Polynesia;
- Develop sport-tourism;
- Provide a festive event;
- Involve and energize the population of Moorea and its partners;
- Enhance the economy of the island.
All well organized and the volunteers very friendly. The lack of information on the website and even during the pre-race activities was a negative and could be improved greatly!John Wallace
The pasta party was fantastic. The tiki dancers were great. The appearance of the fat old ugly but ambling mountain goat at the party was memorable and unusual. The pasta itself was prepared well and delicious. And the Tahitian volunteers were exceptional.Alan Chazin
The race was great! We really enjoyed the route and running on dirt roads (easier on the knees). The announcer was very nice in helping us find the start and answering our questions. The only problem was that since I stayed to receive my award, we missed the 11am athlete bus back to the hotels by 5 minutes. If you could coordinate so the bus leaves after the awards, that would be better.Rachel Saks
ATHLETES IN 2018